Dedicated to the 1.5 million innocent children who perished in the Holocaust. May your 'little dreams rise and fly'. I writhe on the ground like a rat You think I'm worth no more than that As I twist and I turn in utter agony At your lies and your hate and antagony Why do you hurt me so? What have I done to you? Why is it bad that I am a Jew? I’m a child—that’s it, nothing more Do I deserve to be forced to the floor? My hair might be dark, my eyes might be brown Does that mean I can be thrown to the ground? Please don’t think of murder, I beg mercy to thee! Put down your gun and repent to the King! No! Don’t pull the trigge...
In this poem, I decided to try and capture the essence of a culture shock, and then the characters personal opinion after living in this place for a bit. Let me know what you think in the comments below. Enjoy! The monster is so long and yellow I recon he’s a grouchy fellow As he drives us to the states As if we were just cargo freights As I gaze through the monsters eyes I look to the ground, then up at the skies And see a sight never seen before What beauty America has in store! I write my mother, I love her so But my life back there has got to go I risk it all, family and friends To find out where this rainbow ends My lungs may fail, my back may break But I must put it all at stake To live the dream my father had And his father before me, and his before that Living under stars and stripes Why do those women dress so tight? Why drink stuff that makes us woozy and slow? Why think unborn babies deserve to go? America is a...
The lightning is tall as it bites through the sky The thunder roars out its name The air is thick, the sun is shy As the clouds all play their game Lights pour through the atmosphere My boat tips and rocks and creaks The thunder’s so loud I cannot hear Waves splash over me I scream in panic as my boat is devoured My lifejacket keeps me afloat But I can feel monsters in the water Tickling at my toes Trust in me child, I’ve got your back I hear a voice so soft and warm Jesus calls out through the black Through the thickest and worst of the storm
Comments
Post a Comment